Tennis: Osaka fails in Cincinnati

Tennis Superstar Naomi Osaka (23) is already eliminated with the WTA tournament in Cincinnati in the second round. The World Ranking Line from Japan underlooked the Swiss Jil Teichmann 6: 3, 3: 6, 3: 6, and in the general rehearsal for the US Open it had to plug in the next setback. The Grand Slam Tournament in Flushing Meadows starts on August 30th.

I'm almost glad that I have lost because there are so many things I can work in my game, Osaka said, I just hope the results come to the US Open in good time. Even with the Olympic Games in Tokyo, the Japanese woman was already eliminated in the second round.

Angelique Kerber vs. Petra Kvitova | 2021 Cincinnati Quarterfinal | WTA Match Highlights Osaka had previously announced to donate her prize money gained in Cincinnati as a support for the earthquake victims in Haiti. I'm happy, but sad that I'm not going on, Osaka said, But I think I've been awareness. I'm glad we could contribute something. The tournament managers shared, they would increase the sum of 24,200 US dollars.

Without trouble, however, the world ranking Ashleigh Barty moved into the quarterfinals. The Australian made Wiktoria Asarenka at 6: 0, 6: 2 not a chance of a chance. Angelique Kerber is still in Cincinnati still in the race. The 33-year-old from Kiel sat by a force against the former French-Open winner Jelena Eastapenko with 4: 6, 6: 2, 7: 5 and underlined her good form again. In the second round Kerber had already beaten the Olympic third Jelina Switolina (Ukraine).

In the quarter-finals, Kerber is now against Petra Kvitova from the Czech Republic (No. 11). Kerber had recently excreted in July in Wimbledon in the semifinals against the later winner Barty. Then she explained her waiver of the Olympic Games in Tokyo.

Articles and videos about the topic * Highlights: Barty again on the winning road * Experience top sport live on Dazn. Get your free month now!

Comments

Popular Posts