Signs of the Revue Sojourner - a single bridge manufacturer that is worth plunging


I love the card games and I played all my life there. I was a magic certified judge: The Gathering, I worked in the sale and exchange of cards in a leisure store and I even had a decent passage as a commentator in Hearthst1. Having an in -depth experience of many card games, it is not often that I play something like Signs of the Sojourner - a game that looks like nothing else to which I have played before.

EHLT Eightmile River Bridge Construction


We have seen cards represent monsters, spells, resources, and this, and this. But what about dialogue? In Signs of the Sojourner, different cards represent different types of discourse, whether logical, direct, empathetic, passionate, mourning or other emotions expressed through a conversation. And just like a normal conversation, sometimes we focus on talking about the same thing for a while, sometimes the discussion flows from one thing to another. And for a good conversation to occur, it is essential to match the pace and the emotional connection with our partner, and as a seller, your lifestyle.

It's true! In Signs of the Sojourner, you play a traveling merchant going from one place to another, looking for value goods to bring to your home to sell them. Establishing links is imperative to keep your business alive, as well as to establish other links in different cities. As you play in your game, your character will interact with a wide range of characters who will not only shape your story but also change your way of speaking.

For example, if you treat with a lot of logical people, you will be better able to speak logically as your other emotional cards are replaced by logical cards. In this way, you become better to deal with a certain group of people, while you are getting worse with others. Of course, you can diversify and try to become a privileged interlocutor, but miss the development of specialized relationships with a small group of people.

About a quarter of my first part, there was a time when the mechanic really clicked. In history, I had made a few trips and I went home after my longest trip. As always, my best friend was waiting for me to ask with enthusiasm how it happened, but this time, everything was different. Before becoming a stranger, our conversations were easy, we were talking about each other, but the more absent, the more I had changed. I could no longer have our empathetic round trips, because I became a simple seller. Our dialogues were now short and unnatural. Growing up and winning something, I also lost something that is dear to me. This marriage of game mechanics in its history is probably the greatest success of Signs of the Sojourner.


Unfortunately, there are some problems in my eyes that undermine the incredible light -length success of this game. The greatest being the warm scenario, which opens or closes in no time.

A large part of the conspiracy problems come from the lack of a solid protagonist. While the story wants us to worry about the background of our protagonist - while the impulse of the trip goes through the death of their parents - we are almost given nothing to remember. Your relationship with your mother was not special, she was distant, but not in a spirit of conflict or research. We do not go on a trip to discover what happened to him, because his death was not really mysterious, it is rather a passage from the torch, except that the occupation of a traveling trader is all just not exciting enough. her own. In addition, although there are exciting moments that occur along the way, they have passed too quickly to really capture a significant highlight. In terms of gameplay, since you can only access your final meeting by building your deck so that it adapts to this specific dialogue model, it is also part of your simplest tests. In this way, the middle of your trip is the part where the game really revolves with all its elements working together.

In addition, having a silent protagonist felt like a missed opportunity in this match. Being a story on a specific character and on his dialogues, having the main actor never says a word looks like a strange choice to say the least. My dream would be that the protagonist's dialogue is specifically changing depending on the combo of cards you played this turn, but I realize that it would be a mountain of dialogue to write and code. But at the very least, I would have loved just pass / fail the dialogue to fill the void. Currently, I find the protagonist impossible to connect, and I also find it difficult to put myself in their place because the story seems too specific.

However, with these reproaches, Signs of the Sojourner by Echo Night Games has my seal of final approval for those looking for a new deck construction game. At the end of my first part, I had the impression of scratching myself only on the surface of the game. With several ends and a variety of decks to try, it is a title in which I can't wait to dive again.

__

Comments

Popular Posts